The Local Organizing Committee FEPSAC2024 is glad to host the FEPSAC 2024 Science and Applied Slam Award! The Science and Applied Slam is a special form of oral presentation that reaches a broad audience. It offers funny and creative, but still informative, scientific and applied presentations of up-to-date and original research.
The Local Organizing Committee FEPSAC2024 is glad to invite participants, accompanying persons, guests interested on approaching the FEPSAC Community, to the FEPSAC 2024 Science and Applied Slam Award.
Six participants (Three brilliant practitioners and three brilliant researchers) will present their own applied and scientific work in an ironically humorous way during the Congress.
The Science and Applied Slam Award will be evaluated and presented by the Science and Applied Slam Committee
Young and senior researchers are invited to consider joining for the FEPSAC 2024 Science Slam, where the complexity of sport and exercise psychology research is transformed into accessible and enjoyable presentations. This event invites researchers to step out of the academic sphere and connect with the audience through humor and simplicity. Participants are encouraged to present their scientific findings with a twist, making their rigorous research resonate with attendees in an unexpectedly delightful way. If you have the ability to translate research findings into engaging stories and theoretical concepts into relatable narratives, the Science Slam awaits your contribution.
The Applied Slam at FEPSAC 2024 is a showcase for practitioners who excel in applying evidence-based sport psychology in the field. This is your opportunity to demonstrate how theoretical principles are translated into practical outcomes with athletes and teams. We are looking for engaging storytellers who can share their experiences and insights into the application of sport psychology, highlighting both their successes and the humorous realities of hands-on practice. If your expertise lies in bridging the gap between research and practice with measurable impact, we invite you to share your journey at the Applied Slam.
Voting System We will have a combination of audience votes via smartphone and of committee votes:
• 70% Audience
• 30% Committee (each of the 6 committee members weighing 5% of total votes of the audience)
The best Science Slam and the best Applied Slam contributions (one for each category) will be awarded a prize by the Congress host.
Coaching – Science & Applied Slam
In the run up to the FEPSAC 2024 Science & Applied Slam, we're offering a unique coaching opportunity designed to help you shine on stage. The focus will be on the essentials: making your presence felt, connecting with the audience, and sharing your knowledge in a way that sticks. You'll learn how to lay out your ideas clearly, add a pinch of humor to keep things interesting, and tell your facts and findings into stories that speak to everyone. We'll also work on using visuals that support your words and mastering the rhythm of your speech for maximum effect. This coaching is all about giving you the tools to turn your presentation into a performance that informs, entertains, and stays with the audience long after you've left the stage.
Sylvain Laborde brings a large Science Slam experience with him to the coaching role for the FEPSAC 2024 Science & Applied Slam. With an extensive background in delivering engaging Science Slams across Europe, he has mastered the art of making complex concepts approachable and exciting. Winning Science Slam awards in various languages, Sylvain has demonstrated his ability to adapt content for diverse audiences. He is very excited to help the FEPSAC Science & Applied Slams participants to present their work in a compelling and relatable manner.
Sylvain Laborde – Our Coach for the Science & Applied Slam FEPSAC Congress 2024
• The submitted abstracts must contain a title (maximum 20 words)
• Maximum length should not exceed 300 words. APA format, including citations but without list of references (References, tables, or pictures cannot be included in the abstract)
• The submitted abstract must be divided in the following sections:
• The submitted abstract for the Applied Slam should offer opportunities for practitioners to share their professional practice strategies in a unique way. Evidence-based practice abstracts will be given priority.
• The language of submissions and presentation is English. Please note that if English is not the author’s first language, we recommend that the abstract is checked by somebody who is fluent in English prior to submission (Language editing will not be provided)
• The first author of an abstract is the presenter of this contribution at the FEPSAC 2024 congress
• To aid anonymized reviewing please ensure there is no identifying information in your abstract
• The Scientific and Applied Program Committee may reassign submitted presentations between formats at its discretion
• It is not allowed to submit this abstract to the general abstract submission for scientific program. In case your abstract will be rejected, it is not possible to present this abstract in other sessions of the conference
To submit your abstract you must create a submission account. The system will first ask you to complete the first author’s contact details. As soon as all the details have been completed, the “abstract submission” tab will appear, and the submission process can be started. Abstracts can then be entered, saved as drafts, or be submitted. Once an abstract has been submitted, no further changes or amendments are possible. For abstract submission, we need to collect the first author's contact details. We guarantee that all the given information will be used for the correspondence regarding the abstract submission only. The data is stored for no other purpose and will not be used in another way.
Step 1 - Abstract Title and Presentation Type
You enter the title of your abstract here, please use upper and lower case, do not put a full stop at the end.
Choose your presentation type:
- Science Slam
- Applied Slam
Science Slam & Applied Slam
The Science and Applied Slam is a special form of an oral presentation that reaches a broad audience. It offers funny and creative, but still informative, scientific, and applied presentations of up-to-date and original research. For example, participants can present their own work in an ironically humorous way using different objects, singing, dancing, etc.
In addition to the regular abstract submission in text format, applicants must send a video of themselves presenting the content of their presentation in 60 seconds.
Deadline for video sending: April 15th, 2024
A Science and Applied Slam Committee will select the three best Science Slam candidates and the three best Applied Slam candidates who will present their work during the Congress. The duration of the presentations during the congress: 10min, + 2/3min questions from the Committee.
Step 2 – Topic
Please choose here to which topic your abstract fits best.
1. Best practice
2. Built environment
4. Clinical sport psychology, clinical issues in sport and physical activity
7. Consulting/ counselling
9. Cultural sport psychology
10. Daily life
11. Decision making and judgement
12. Developmental/ lifespan perspectives
14. Elite sports and expertise
17. Ethics in applied settings
18. Ethics in research (open science)
19. Exercise and COVID-19 Pandemics
20. Exercise psychology
21. Group dynamics and team sports
23. Human factors
25. Mental skills training
26. Research methods (incl. qualitative & quantitative)
27. Moral action
29. Motor control and learning (incl. ecological and dynamic approaches)
30. Motor development
33. Non-traditional applications
34. Pedagogical psychology
35. Perception & attention
36. Performance enhancement (e.g., doping, neuro-enhancement etc.)
38. Physical activity
39. Physical literacy
40. Professional development and mentoring
42. Psychodynamic, systemic and hypnotherapeutic issues
43. Organizational development and quality management
44. Military, police and tactical populations
45. Music, Dance and Performing Arts
47. Sexual violence, sexual harassment and sexual abuse
48. Social and cultural diversity (e.g., migration, ethnicity)
49. Social cognition
50. Social psychology
51. Sports injury, prevention and rehabilitation
52. Sports neuropsychology
53. Sports psychology and world events (e.g., Zika, COVID-19)
54. Sports psychiatry and sports psychotherapy
56. Talent identification/ development
57. Transitions in and out of sport/ dual career
58. Well-being and quality of life
60. Other topics
Step 3 – Authors and Affiliations
The first author is automatically in the system as the presenting author. You may change this information if necessary and then add additional affiliations and co‐authors by clicking on the corresponding buttons.
Step 4 – Abstract text
Here you can enter your abstract text. Please enter the text only, no title, no authors (these are taken from the information entered above).
Step 5 – Review
Please check again whether all details are correct. Any sections that are still required to be completed for submission are marked in red.
Step 6 – Submit
This will only be possible if all previous steps have been completed. Please note: Once your abstract has been submitted no more changes are possible since it is directly forwarded to the reviewers. The corresponding author will receive an automated email confirming the abstract submission was successful and the abstract has been forwarded to the reviewers.
Please, note that only the abstracts of registered presenting authors will be inserted in the program. The registration to the congress is considered completed only upon payment.
For any issues during the submission procedure, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|November 6th, 2023: Opening early bird registrations and early abstract submissions|
|December 11th, 2023 Abstract submission deadline for early review (For those who need the decision by the end of 2023)|
|December 31st, 2023 (midnight CET) Early bird registration deadline for Pre-Congress and FEPSAC-Congress|
|February 11th, 2024 (midnight CET) Abstract submission deadline|
|April 1st, 2024 (midnight CET) Notification of Individual Submission Acceptance|
|April 15th, 2024 (midnight CET) Abstract re-upload*
*for those who have minor or major corrections from the Scientific Committee. Please, note that it is to the authors’ discretion to decide whether they want to present the abstract with or without the suggested corrections by the Scientific Committee.
|April 30th, 2024 (midnight CET)
Standard bird registration deadline and Presenters registration deadline
|July 01st, 2024 Final Program Release, abstract book and unlock of the conference app|
Review process and criteria
The abstracts will be reviewed by a reviewing committee based on the following criteria
(rated from 0-10):
• Quality: Please consider factors like structure of the abstract, clarity of problem statement / rationale/ significance for theory and/or practice, traceability of the discussion, use of reference. For applied abstracts, abstract quality heavily relies on providing a sound theoretical framework for the presented intervention protocols.
• Language: please consider the quality of writing in terms of English language, grammar, conciseness, etc.
• Methods: please consider used (quantitative and/or qualitative) methodology and presented results. If the study is related to empirically obtained data, the data should already have been collected. If theoretical or pure methodological abstracts without presenting data are submitted, please concentrate on clarity oaf analysis and/or derivation. If workshops are submitted, please consider description of material / resources that will be shared with the audience, as well as learning objectives stated. For panel discussions, it should be considered which methodological angle is guiding the discussion.
• Innovation: please rate the originality of the presented work. Please consider if the abstract contributes to the expansion of knowledge in that particular field.
In case of any questions related to the Science and Applied Slam Award, please contact email@example.com.