Tuesday, 16th July 04.00 pm – 05.00pm
Ema Geron Award
In honor of the first FEPSAC President, Dr. Ema Geron, the Managing Council decided in 2011 to install the FEPSAC Ema Geron Award. This award is bestowed upon a person or organisation in recognition of an exceptional national contribution to the development of sport and exercise psychology. With this award, FEPSAC recognizes the significance of local, regional, and/or national contributions that enrich the development of the domain of sport and exercise psychology in Europe.
Link: Ema Geron Award
Friday, 19th July 07.00 pm – 09.00pm
Division Sport Psychology – BÖP- Award
This award is bestowed upon a person of an exceptional national contribution to the development of applied sport and exercise psychology. With this award, BÖP recognizes the significance of local contributions that enrich the development of the domain of sport and exercise psychology in this Austrian region.
Science Slam and Aplied Award
The best two Science and Applied Slam contributions (one for each category) will be awarded a prize by the Congress host.
FEPSAC Young Researcher Award & FEPSAC Young Practitioner Award
The Local Organizing Committee hosts the FEPSAC Young Researcher Award & FEPSAC Young Practitioner Award. FEPSAC invites young researchers and practitioners in Sport and Exercise Psychology to submit their scientific work for this award. The awards will be handed out to the winners of the category’s oral presentation and poster presentation.
1st prize oral presentation: 500€
2nd prize oral presentation: 300€
3rd prize oral presentation: 200€
1st prize poster presentation: 500€
2nd prize poster presentation: 300€
3rd prize poster presentation: 200€
Rules and Regulations
To participate in the FEPSAC Young Researcher Award & FEPSAC Young Practitioner Award you must fulfil the following criteria:
• The applicant is currently enrolled as a student at a university, or was enrolled as a student at a university until the year before the congress (until December 2023)
• The applicant has made an independent and reasonable contribution to the work submitted for presentation as confirmed by their supervisor
• The applicant is member of the FEPSAC and has paid the membership fee for the year of the congress (2024) and the congress registration fee is fully paid (deadlines indicated on the congress homepage)
• Per applicant, the submitting of only one abstract is allowed to be part of the Young Researcher Award or the Young Practitioner Award
• As a previous Young Researcher Award Winner or a Young Practitioner Award Winner, you are not allowed taking part in the competition again (even if a different category is selected)
• It is not allowed to submit this abstract to the general abstract submission for scientific program. In case your abstract will be rejected, it is not possible to present this abstract in other sessions of the conference
• The applicant must complete and upload the corresponding verification letter for FEPSAC Young Researcher Award or FEPSAC Young Practitioner Award at least 5 months before the congress (Deadline: April 30th 2024)
Please complete and sign this form and send it via E-Mail to contact email@example.com three months before the congress [by 30/04/2024].
+ Formular Young Researcher Award
+ Formular Young Practitioner Award
• Additionally, to the submitted long abstract (750 words), the applicant must submit a short abstract (300 words) after the official acceptance of the abstract
• The submitted abstracts must contain a title (maximum 20 words)
• Maximum length should not exceed 750 words. APA format, including citations and with a list of max 10 references (Tables or pictures cannot be included in the abstract)
• The submitted abstract must be divided in the following sections:
• Evidence-based practice abstracts for the FEPSAC Young Practitioner Award will be given priority.
• The language of submissions and presentation is English. Please note that if English is not the author’s first language, we recommend that the abstract is checked by somebody who is fluent in English prior to submission (Language editing will not be provided)
• The first author of an abstract is the presenter of this contribution at the FEPSAC 2024 congress
• To aid anonymized reviewing please ensure there is no identifying information in your abstract
• The Scientific and Applied Program Committee may reassign submitted presentations between formats at its discretion
To submit your abstract you must create a submission account. The system will first ask you to complete the first author’s contact details. As soon as all the details have been completed, the “abstract submission” tab will appear, and the submission process can be started. Abstracts can then be entered, saved as drafts, or be submitted. Once an abstract has been submitted, no further changes or amendments are possible. For abstract submission, we need to collect the first author's contact details. We guarantee that all the given information will be used for the correspondence regarding the abstract submission only. The data is stored for no other purpose and will not be used in another way.
Step 1 - Abstract Title and Presentation Type
You enter the title of your abstract here, please use upper and lower case, do not put a full stop at the end (Maximum allowed length is 20 words).
Choose your presentation type:
- FEPSAC Young Researcher Award (poster)
- FEPSAC Young Researcher Award (oral)
- FEPSAC Young Practitioner Award (poster)
- FEPSAC Young Practitioner Award (oral)
Step 2 – Topic
Please choose here to which topic your abstract fits best.
1. Best practice
2. Built environment
4. Clinical sport psychology, clinical issues in sport and physical activity
7. Consulting/ counselling
9. Cultural sport psychology
10. Daily life
11. Decision making and judgement
12. Developmental/ lifespan perspectives
14. Elite sports and expertise
17. Ethics in applied settings
18. Ethics in research (open science)
19. Exercise and COVID-19 Pandemics
20. Exercise psychology
21. Group dynamics and team sports
23. Human factors
25. Mental skills training
26. Research methods (incl. qualitative & quantitative)
27. Moral action
29. Motor control and learning (incl. ecological and dynamic approaches)
30. Motor development
33. Non-traditional applications
34. Pedagogical psychology
35. Perception & attention
36. Performance enhancement (e.g., doping, neuro-enhancement etc.)
38. Physical activity
39. Physical literacy
40. Professional development and mentoring
42. Psychodynamic, systemic and hypnotherapeutic issues
43. Organizational development and quality management
44. Military, police and tactical populations
45. Music, Dance and Performing Arts
47. Sexual violence, sexual harassment and sexual abuse
48. Social and cultural diversity (e.g., migration, ethnicity)
49. Social cognition
50. Social psychology
51. Sports injury, prevention and rehabilitation
52. Sports neuropsychology
53. Sports psychology and world events (e.g., Zika, COVID-19)
54. Sports psychiatry and sports psychotherapy
55. Talent identification/ development
56. Transitions in and out of sport/ dual career
57. Well-being and quality of life
59. Other topics
Step 3 – Authors and Affiliations
The first author is automatically in the system as the presenting author. You may change this information if necessary and then add additional affiliations and co‐authors by clicking on the corresponding buttons.
Step 4 – Abstract text
Here you can enter your abstract text. Please enter the text only, no title, no authors (these are taken from the information entered above).
Step 5 – Review
Please check again whether all details are correct. Any sections that are still required to be completed for submission are marked in red.
Step 6 – Submit
This will only be possible if all previous steps have been completed. Please note: Once your abstract has been submitted no more changes are possible since it is directly forwarded to the reviewers. The corresponding author will receive an automated email confirming the abstract submission was successful and the abstract has been forwarded to the reviewers.
Please, note that only the abstracts of registered presenting authors will be inserted in the program. The registration to the congress is considered completed only upon payment.
For any issues during the submission procedure, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|November 6th, 2023: Opening early bird registrations and early abstract submissions|
|December 11th, 2023 Abstract submission deadline for early review (For those who need the decision by the end of 2023)|
|December 31st, 2023 (midnight CET) Early bird registration deadline for Pre-Congress and FEPSAC-Congress|
|February 11th, 2024 (midnight CET) Abstract submission deadline|
|April 1st, 2024 (midnight CET) Notification of Individual Submission Acceptance|
|April 15th, 2024 (midnight CET) Abstract re-upload*
*for those who have minor or major corrections from the Scientific Committee. Please, note that it is to the authors’ discretion to decide whether they want to present the abstract with or without the suggested corrections by the Scientific Committee.
|April 30th, 2024 (midnight CET)
Standard bird registration deadline and Presenters registration deadline
|July 01st, 2024 Final Program Release, abstract book and unlock of the conference app|
Review process and criteria
The abstracts will be reviewed by a reviewing committee based on the following criteria
(rated from 0-10):
• Quality: Please consider factors like structure of the abstract, clarity of problem statement / rationale/ significance for theory and/or practice, traceability of the discussion, use of reference. For applied abstracts, abstract quality heavily relies on providing a sound theoretical framework for the presented intervention protocols.
• Language: please consider the quality of writing in terms of English language, grammar, conciseness, etc.
• Methods: please consider used (quantitative and/or qualitative) methodology and presented results. If the study is related to empirically obtained data, the data should already have been collected. If theoretical or pure methodological abstracts without presenting data are submitted, please concentrate on clarity oaf analysis and/or derivation. If workshops are submitted, please consider description of material / resources that will be shared with the audience, as well as learning objectives stated. For panel discussions, it should be considered which methodological angle is guiding the discussion.
• Innovation: please rate the originality of the presented work. Please consider if the abstract contributes to the expansion of knowledge in that particular field.